I am so excited to be sharing my second collaboration here on True Bliss. This time around I am collaborating with the amazing Jamie from Don’t Give a Jam ! I have never come across a more sweet, genuine, down to earth person here on the internet. Jamie definitely has a way with words and an awesome sense of humour. If you’re looking for a lifestyle blog that keeps you checking back for more content, Jamie is your girl!
Summer is made for us all to kick back and relax, but it’s no excuse for you to slack on your skincare routine! Yes, the needs for your skin is quite different as the seasons change, it’s still important to protect your skin from the sun and heat.
I will be sharing my Summer nightly skincare routine with the current products I use to help achieve glowing, healthy looking skin. I will admit, I am pretty extra when it comes to my skincare, so keep in mind you don’t have to include all these steps!
Don’t forget to check out Jamie’s post on her morning Summer skincare routine!
First things first, remove your makeup! I always begin my nighttime routine by removing my makeup with a facial wipe. I currently have been loving the Simple- Cleansing Facial Wipes.
They’re super gentle on the skin while still being tough enough to remove makeup, dirt and grease!
These are perfect for sensitive skin types as well.
Not all of us wear makeup but that’s not an excuse to skip out on washing your face!
After removing my makeup I then wash my face with a gentle cleanser.
I am loving the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cleanser as it contains hyaluronic acid to bring moisture to your face. Review coming soon on this product!
I don’t exfoliate everyday as that can cause irritation and dryness. I usually exfoliate my skin once a week at most as I tend to have dry skin. Exfoliating your skin is so beneficial as it;
- removes dead/dry skin = glowing, healthy looking skin
- minimizes pores = smoother makeup application
- reduces breakouts & acne = who doesn’t want that?!
- allows for better absorption of other products = your expensive serums & moisturizers will thank you for this!
I use the Neutrogena – Pore Refining daily scrub as it sweeps away dead skin and helps refine the tone and texture of my skin.
Toning your skin has some serious benefits and has quickly become a major part of my skincare routine. Toning of the skin helps with;
- pH Balance
- detoxification of the skin
- pore reducing and tightening of the skins elasticity
- acne reduction
4. Face Masks & Treatments
This is probably my favourite part of my skincare routine because who doesn’t love to be pampered?!
Once or twice a week I try to set some time aside during the evening to either use a facial mask or some other kind of skin treatment. Face masks help target many skin concerns such as; dark spots, hydration, redness, brightening, firming, etc.
A few of my favourites include:
- Sephora – Avocado Face Mask
- GLAMGLOW – Thirstymud Treatment
- Shoppers Drug Mart – Life Brand Face Masks *Canadian drugstore
A few of my favourite skin treatments include:
- Bioré – Deep Cleansing Nose Strips (helps remove those nasty blackheads)
- Tucker Ashley – Advanced Peptide Eye Complex (helps hydrate, rejuvenate and target problem areas around your eyes, formulated with retinol, peptides and hyaluronic acid)
As mentioned before, I am pretty serious when it comes to my skincare.
The most common benefits of a serum include hydration, increased nourishment, brightening of the skin, and acne prevention. It also help in strengthening skin cells.
You may be wondering what the difference between a serum and moisturizer is. Well, “the molecules in serums are smaller than those in your regular moisturizer; thus they penetrate deeper into the skin and give better results. A moisturizer has larger molecules, and so it works only on the first layer.” -Purvaja Sawant| TNN
I love the First Aid Beauty – Resurfacing Liquid with 10% A.H.A. This serum definitely packs a punch (and a heavy dolla haha) but works so well. It helps fight;
- fine lines & wrinkles
- uneven skintone
- dullness & uneven skin texture
During the hot summer months, I prefer to keep my moisturizer light. Below are some of my current summer favs; (I tend to switch them up on the daily)
- Origins – Drink Up- Intensive Overnight Mask
- Evian – Mineral Water Spray (great for on the go and at the beach)
- Kiehls – Ultra Facial Moisturizer (this stuff is amazing! review coming soon)
- Mario Badescu – Rose Water Facial Spray (been a favourite of mine for years now)
Once you develop skincare routine it start’s becoming less of a chore and more of a habit. In addition to your summer glow, your skin will certainly thank you come fall!
Head on over to Jamie’s blog to check out her Morning Skincare Routine!
What are some of your skincare tips? Thanks so much for reading!
Until next time beauties,
LETS BE FRIENDS!