We are back for the third and final week of my Back To School Series! Summer is finally coming to an end and that means a lot of us are trading our flip flops in for sneakers.
Whether you’re in highschool, college or university, at some point during the school year you will be gearing up for exam season. With that comes studying, something not all of us are good at and dread.
But, fear no more! I am here to share with you some tips and tricks to get you exam ready!
Having A Positive Mindset
- Think positive thoughts! Remind yourself of your skills and abilities
- Avoid comparing yourself to others
- No procrastinating
- Don’t be afraid to talk to your teachers on what you should study or if you have questions!
- Start studying several weeks or even a month before the exam – don’t leave studying to the night before
Where To Study
- Try finding a small, quiet place where there are no distractions
- Consider the library, classrooms or even a quiet place outside
What To Study
- Study the things that you don’t quite understand or need more clarification on
- Avoid studying things you already know well enough and can remember
- Read over notes nightly and read them out loud to yourself (this will help you remember things better)
- Have a study buddy! (as long as they can be helpful to you)
- Come up with easy to remember acronyms for certain subjects or theories
- Find out as much as you can about the exam (is it multiple choice, short answer, T/F) to be prepared!
- Get LOTS of sleep before your exams and drink plenty of water!
- Make flashcards to help study terms and definitions
- Anything the instructor writes on the board should appear in your notes. If the instructor took the time to write it out, he or she considers it important
- Use coloured pens & highlighters to help organize notes and importance of criteria
- Complete practice questions and scenarios by using your textbooks
- Try chewing some gum while studying, supposedly it helps memorizing things!
- Start with the things that you find to be the most difficult
- Use sticky notes while studying or while reading through your textbook
Exam season is all about planning, scheduling and organizing yourself. Give some of these new study methods a try and see what works for you!
What are some of your go to study tips?
Until next time beauties,
Back To School Series
LETS BE FRIENDS!