First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians and Happy early Thanksgiving to everyone else.
I sit here today while sipping at my tea, looking out my window and smile. I have so much to be thankful for.
I realize that the world today is full of pain, hardship, anger and judgment. So being able to look past all of this and be thankful, is something to truly be happy about.
When I was younger I didn’t understand the true meaning of gratitude or being thankful. I believed it was something we were all to think about on Thanksgiving and share around the dinner table. Today, I realize it’s something worth doing everyday as it’s a choice we were given.
So today, I choose to make a list.
Here are some of my reasons to give thanks everyday.
- I am thankful for my Family & Friends and the immense amount of love and support I receive from them.
- I am thankful for Challenges, without them we wouldn’t be able to grow and learn.
- I am thankful for Education, learning new skills and gaining knowledge is the most powerful tool to own.
- I am thankful for Creativity, without it we wouldn’t have personality.
- I am thankful for Safety, knowing you have a safe place to call home is peace of mind.
- I am thankful for Books, fairytales, novels, magazines and biographies as they give us a place to go.
- I am thankful for Writing, both sometimes hard and easy but always rewarding. My blog gives me a place to express myself.
- I am thankful for Memories, a reminder of both good times and bad and a place to reflect.
- I am thankful for the change of Seasons, with each new season comes new change, challenges and goals.
- I am thankful for You, who took the time out of your day to read this piece. Thank you.
Of course there are tons of other things that I am thankful for. Sunshine. Music. Dogs. Chocolate. Wine. Weekends. Smiles. Water. Being Canadian. Tea. Planners. Candles. Hot Showers. Sephora… oh this list could go on and on.
What’s on your gratitude list?
Let’s Be Friends!