Yay, it’s finally fall! I am now in full fall mode and am kicking it off by sharing a yummy pumpkin spice cupcake recipe!
I actually am a pumpkin fanatic. Muffins, pies, pumpkin seeds, candles and cupcakes (of course!) – I love them all!
These cupcakes are delicious with or without the cinnamon cream cheese frosting, so the choice is up to you! These never last long in our house and even make a great host/hostess gift to make!
I hope you enjoy them! Happy Fall Y’all!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes x Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 24 cupcakes
- 2 cups of All-Purpose Flour + 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15oz) of pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter, room temperature or softened
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
For Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 8oz packages of Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 lbs (32oz bag) confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon + plus extra for garnish
For Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add cupcake liners to a 12-cupcake pan, or grease pan.
- Mix flour, salt, and pumpkin spice in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine pumpkin puree, milk, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream brown sugar, sugar and butter in the bowl of your mixer. Add eggs in thirds, mixing throughly between additions.
- With your mixer on low, beat in flour mixture in thirds, alternating with pumpkin puree until all is combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop (much easier than a spoon!), fill each section in cupcake pan 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream together cream cheese and butter in mixer.
- Add half of the confectioner’s sugar, beat on low until combined. Add another half.
- Once combined, add vanilla and cinnamon. Beat until combined.
- Once cupcakes are cool, frost and add cinnamon for garnish (if you wish).
- Cut a green straw into thirds and stick into the side of the cupcake to resemble a ‘pumpkin spice latte’.
- Keep ingredients at room temperature (eggs, milk, butter, cream cheese).
- Cream Cheese Frosting must be kept refrigerated.
- Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon on top as a garnish.
These were super easy to make and are definitely a yummy fall inspired treat!
Be sure to let me know if you try making these!
Until next time,
LETS BE FRIENDS!