How often have you caved and bought makeup that has come from a Youtuber’s recommendation? My guess is a lot of us have.
Personally, I can’t get enough of the beauty videos. Give me an hour of free time and some Kathleen Lights videos, and I am a happy girl. I’ve been religiously following many YouTube beauty gurus for years now and because of this I have developed a bad habit of buying products they rave about.
Some of which have been amazing products but others not so much. Keep reading to find out which products are hits or misses!
Too Faced – Better Than Sex Mascara
- To be completely honest, I was so disappointed in this mascara. I felt the formula was way too dry, yet somehow made my lashes clump together. I tried this mascara multiple times to give it a chance, but it was a total flop. L’oreal’s Lash Paradise mascara is a total dupe and works 100x better! Check out my review on it here.
Benefit – Porefessional Primer
- I only wear primer on days I wear foundation which isn’t all that often. When I do though, this has been my go-to primer for years. It does exactly what it claims to do and works well with so many foundations! If you’re looking for a primer that gives you a smooth, pore free appearance than this is the primer for you.
Physicians Formula – Butter Bronzer
- Recommended by my favourite Youtuber, Kathleen Lights. She started using this drugstore bronzer on her channel last summer and it quickly took over the makeup world. Since then, I still religiously use this bronzer! Incredibly creamy and gives you a beautiful bronzed glow.
Kiehls – Ultra Facial Moisturizer
- Another great recommendation from Kathleen! (She never lets me down) This product has seriously saved my skin. I suffer from very dry skin all year around and lately the skin on my face has also been terribly dry. I hurried out and bought this right away after Kathleen raved about how this improved her dry skin quickly and kept it moisturized. Check out my review on this product here!
Laura Mercier – Translucent Setting Powder
- This award winning translucent loose setting powder locks in makeup for long-lasting wear, without adding weight or texture. I won’t disagree with this statement as it is 100% true. I just feel like for $47 CAD you could be spending your money on a product with more benefits for your skin. The NYC loose setting powder retails for about $8 CAD and gives you the exact same effect.
Becca Cosmetics – Champagne Pop
- Who hasn’t heard of this amazing highlighter created by Jaclyn Hill, if so you have been living under a rock. I bought this when it first came out and was limited edition and have been in love since. This soft white gold with pinky peach undertones looks amazing on all skin tones. This is my ride or die highlighter and goes with me just about anywhere!
Urban Decay -B6 Vitamin-Infused Prep Spray
- I am a total sucker for facial sprays. Prep sprays, setting sprays, hydrating sprays you name it and I’ll buy it. Although with this guy, I felt like I was throwing away my money with each spray. “A soothing prep spray that features the first stabilized form of vitamin B6, which absorbs oil, minimizes pores, and reduces redness.” I managed to use up the entire bottle as I wasn’t going to waste $40, but to my surprise I saw no benefits to my skin. Sure it feels super refreshing & hydrating on the skin but is not worth my $40.
Buxom – Full-On Lip Cream
- Recommended by hundreds of Youtubers, these lip creams did not fall short of their high expectations. White Russian is hands down my favourite shade and you will even find an extra one tucked into my purse! These creamy, no-shimmer glosses plump your lips to the perfect, kissable pout!
Obviously, not all products can work out amazingly for us but I am always eager to try new things!
Name a product that was raved about on Youtube that you ended up buying down below!
Until next time,