With the cooler air upon us its time to bring out our chunky knits, layering shirts and don’t forget about the ankle booties!
I’ve always loved fall fashion as I love being able to layer my outfits. Not to mention being able to play around with colour and texture and can finally bring out my blanket scarves.
Fall fashion to me, is being stylish all while being cozy. Check out my autumn wardrobe must haves!
Keep in mind all of these pieces are classic, smart buys. Most importantly, these are pieces that are very versatile and can work well with multiple outfits.
The Slip Dress
- A coloured slip dress is the perfect outfit for those warmer afternoons. Paired with a cardigan or jean jacket and a cute pair of boots is the perfect transitional outfit for fall.
The Classic Button Up
- This is such a staple and is so versatile as it can be dressed up or down. I love this blue and white polka dot shirt paired with tapered black dress pants for a more business causal look. Also, consider tying one around your waist for a more laid back type of look.
- Nothing says Fall like sweater weather. Turtle neck, oversized, crew neck, knit or cashmere, play around with fit, colour and material!
- I feel like khakis are often kicked into the corner and easily forgotten about. Tapered khakis (available in tons of colours) give a polished, put together vibe with still being comfortable. Paired with a sweater or vest and cute ballet flats, you’ll be ready for your next Fall activity!
- This trend was definitely one I didn’t think I’d like but to my surprise I love this! Adding a vest over a long sleeve shirt can add an extra pop of colour, texture and adds warmth!
Stripes & Plaid
- When it comes to Fall prints and patterns, my go to is always stripes & plaid! Nothing is more comfortable than your favourite flannel and legging combination for a movie night or a striped shirt, jeans and boots for date night!
- Turtlenecks are the perfect layering shirt. Layer them under a comfy sweater, chunky knit or a vest and you’ll stay super warm.
- From ankle boots, ballet flats, knee high boots to rain boots, fall definitely doesn’t lack choices in the shoe department. With so many options to choose from your outfit will for sure stand out.
Consider adding personality and some flair to your outfits by adding in
- oversized plaid scarves
- leather watch
- oversized leather tote/purse
- dark sunglasses
- wide brim hat
What are some of your Fall wardrobe must haves and how do you style them?
Until next time,