With the Holiday season finally upon us it’s time to start spreading Christmas cheer!
You may not be feeling quite festive yet as you still have finals to write, tons of Christmas shopping to do and hello… there’s still no snow.
So, I thought I’d throw together a list of my favourite Christmassy activities of all time to help get you into the Christmas spirit!
- Listen to Christmas music! I don’t know about you guys but nothing gets me more hyped about Christmas than jamming out to “Jingle Bell Rock”.
- Watch a Holiday classic! Tis the season for snuggling up with hot cocoa (with a hint of baileys of course) and watching ELF, Home Alone and The Grinch! Make it extra special by watching with the family.
- Give back & donate! For a lot of families, Christmas can be a very hard time of the year. Give back, donate or volunteer your time around your city. Sometimes just the gift of love and support is all we really need.
- Wear an ugly Christmas sweater! What better way to pose in your ‘Elfie’ than in a ugly Christmas sweater?!
- Decorate the house! There’s nothing more cheerful than making your house look like Christmas threw up all over it. Bring out the tree, stockings and jingle bells!
- Christmas crafting! If you have the time and patience than Christmas DIY’s were made for you. Bring out your inner Martha Stewart!
- Bake cookies for Santa! Tis’ the season for sugar cookies, mince pies and fudge! To make it even more fun, have a bake off or cookie exchange with friends and family.
- Drive around and look at Christmas lights! Nothing is more magical than driving around and looking at all glimmering lights. Make it a date night and sip hot apple cider.
- Participate in a secret Santa! Participating in something like this is more fun than it sounds! There’s the element of surprise as you don’t know who pulled your name and who you’ve got to buy for!
- Spend time with your loved ones! Lastly, no one wants to be doing these things alone. Be sure to spend lots of quality time with your family and friends this Holiday season.
Help a girl out and let me know your favourite festive traditions…
Until next time,