This year has been a year of real change and growth for me. I spent most of 2016 filled with anxiety and exhaustion but this year (2017) I’ve felt better. I feel happy, strong, loved and more than anything, grateful.
So today I wanted to share with you 22 things I’ve learnt this year. Some are deep, life changing realizations, and others are a bit more lighthearted, but all of them are lessons I’ve been so glad to learn…
- Time spent alone is very important to my mental health.
- Keeping myself organized leaves me feeling inspired.
- My mom is my best friend. She’s always there cheering for me when I need it.
- Nothing helps me destress more than a relaxing bubble bath. Not even a glass of wine-who’d of thought that?
- Work on yourself rather than being envious of others.
- Making new friends on the internet is the best thing ever.
- Drinking plenty of water actually helps you function.
- I am way more productive in the mornings. I feel energized and motivated!
- Waking up earlier and having a set sleep schedule does wonders.
- It’s never too late to change the course of your path. Going back to school this month has me so excited and eager for my future!
- When you follow your heart, you won’t even have to think twice.
- Take that nap, you deserve it.
- I will never stop loving chocolate as much as I do now.
- If you’re not happy with yourself, you won’t be happy in a relationship.
- Friends come and go.
- Gratitude is the key to being happy.
- Setting goals for yourself keeps you motivated and challenged.
- It’s okay to lean on people for support.
- Be good to your skin. Future you will thank you for it.
- If you don’t want to do it, don’t do it. Save yourself the worry and stress.
- Volunteer. Stay involved and be apart of something. Your heart will be full & content.
- Fight for the things and people you love.
Here’s to 2018!
Until next time,