With 2017 behind us, I decided to look back and review my most used beauty products of the year! From drugstore to high end, I tried lots of new makeup over the course of the year and it’s fair to say the beauty world has been busy.
Whether you are looking to update your makeup bag or eager to see what made it on my list, you’re going to want to check out the winners down below!
P.S. I tried really hard to narrow everything down to just a few products for each category as it was pretty overwhelming!
- Sephora Beauty Amplifier- a smoothing primer that locks in your makeup and gives you a natural glow.
- Benefit POREfessional– is there anything bad with this primer? Smoothes your skin, fills in your pores and is non greasy? Nothing beats this guy.
- Wet n’ Wild, Photofocus– medium coverage, blendable, matte finish, wears all day and is from the drugstore? Yes please.
- Maybelline Better Skin & Age Rewind- both these concealers are absolutely amazing, creamy, medium coverage and they do not crease!
- NYC Transparent Loose Setting Powder- super affordable, no flashback from camera’s and sets & locks in your concealer for all day wear.
- Ulta Banana Powder– the perfect pressed setting powder for under your eyes. Works best with medium skin tones.
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer– no surprise here, as this is my ride or die bronzer. Drugstore, wallet friendly, creamy, a natural looking undertone and smells like a pina colada!
- Essence Silky Touch Blushes– I have these in 3 different colours as they’re such incredible blushes! Highly pigmented, blendable and lasts for hours.
- Wet n’ Wild Megaglo Highlighting Powder– this highlight (Precious Petals) made a huge splash in the beauty community in 2017 as it’s super intense on the skin.
- Essence Pure Nude Highlight- since the day I got my hands on this product it has not come out of my makeup bag. The most beautiful, natural looking highlight.
- Benefit Watts Up!- a creamy, radiant highlight that looks gorgeous when applied with a beauty blender.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit (That Glow)- this was my most used highlighting palette of the year as it sat front and centre on my desk.
- Essence Make Me Brow– this stuff is such a dupe for Benefit’s Gimmie Brow! Great for full and defined brows.
- ColourPop Brow Pencil- a micro tip precision and a long wearing formula for sculpted defined brows.
- ColourPop Lip Pencils– the perfect liners to create clean lines, prevent feathering and super affordable.
- Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Lipstick (Queen B)- a lightweight, long-wearing liquified matte lipstick with a creamy and matte, colour-rich formula.
- NYX Butter Glosses- in just a few swipes you can get a medium coverage without the sticky feeling.
- Buxom Full-On Lip Cream (White Russian & Hot Toddy)- creamy, plumping, no shimmer and high pigment glosses. These last a while on my lips and are hydrating!
- L’oreal Lash Paradise Mascara- my mascara of the year hands down. A complete dupe for the Too Faced, Better than Sex Mascara! I have gone through 3 tubes of this stuff so far and still love it!
- Tarte, Tartelette In Bloom Palette- with nine mattes and three lusters, these lid, liner, and crease pairings allow you to create a stunning, smouldering eye.
Do we share any of these beauty favourites for 2017?
I already have lots of new makeup to start playing with for 2018!
Until next time,