Everyday we all face challenges, whether they’re big, small, difficult or easy, we all face them. I am a firm believer that set backs, challenges and difficulties only make you grow stronger and more confident as a person.
Being able to identify your weaknesses will only help you overcome them. So today I am sharing some of my weaknesses and how I plan on conquering them!
Staying with the Moment
- I find my mind drifting away, mid convo, reading a book, or just mid anything that deserves my full attention. I think a lot of this reflects back on my anxiety and how my thoughts just consume me. It ends up ruining everyday experiences and moments.
- My mind is always going to drift… I don’t think you can really get a full control on that. But what I do plan on doing when my thoughts start to take me away from the present moment, is to slowly bring them back into reality.
Staying Off of Social Media
- This is a huge problem/habit of mine. The internet is an amazing place that offers millions of distractions conveniently at our fingertips.
- Even though I want to grab my phone because it’s been 20 minutes, I need to learn how to refrain. Facebook, Instagram, and blogging will forever be here, but spending quality time with my favourite people won’t always be.
- I feel like I run on autopilot half the time as I go from one thing to the next. I am always wanting to move on to bigger and better things and don’t even realize it. I truly struggle to saying ‘no’ to many things in life, mainly because I feel very empathetic towards things.
- Learning to say ‘no’. Saying no is my battle shield for deflecting distractions, staying true to myself, and sticking to the course. Every time I agree to do something I do not believe is right, or want to do, it beats me up mentally.
- This goes hand-in-hand with anxiety again folks. Not being able to turn off your thoughts, let alone your brain can be both physically and emotionally exhausting. I am the type of person who worries and stresses over anything imaginable.
- Today, tomorrow and forever on, I will not stress over the things I cannot control.
What are some of your weaknesses? Do we share some of the same struggles?
Until next time,