It’s true, I’m obsessed with my dog. I have been a dog person ever since I was little. I’ve grown up with dogs all my life and they are no different than family to me. My little fur baby turns 13 this year and it got me thinking about the impact he has on our family.
My dog is my favourite cuddle buddy, apart of the family and my best friend. Over the years he has taught me things about myself, others and life. Here are 5 lessons my dog has taught me.
1. Appreciate the small things.
- And I mean all the small things…. walks, drives and even those special treats. No matter how many times I say to my fur baby “lets go for a walk” or “lets go for a car ride”, he is over the moon every single time.
2. Look for the good in everyday.
- My dog is constantly there for me and my family. Even on the days where things just aren’t going our way, we can always count on a welcoming, wagging tail as we walk through the door.
3. Explore More.
- Dogs are curious animals and seem to have no fear, so why can’t we? Take that trip of a lifetime and don’t be afraid to put yourself out there.
4. It doesn’t take a lot to make someone smile.
- Dogs always seem to be happy and ready to greet you every time you step through the door. My dog never fails to make me smile, whether he is laying on the couch, sunning himself outside or begging for another treat.
5. We never, ever have enough time.
Dogs show us love and affection when don’t even ask for it. With every birthday that passes by, my dog gets older and it’s sad to think that I won’t have my best friend forever. My dog has taught me to cherish every moment, whether it’s with him, family or friends.
Be sure to share with me stories about your fur babies down below!
Until next time,